Interested in Doggie Daycare?
Please fill out the application for each dog who would like to book their next stay at The Lodge. We will reach out to you to schedule your pet’s daycare appointment.
The Lodge at Vale Park Daycare/Boarding Application Process
1. All dogs must have a completed application on file with The Lodge at Vale Park.
2. All owners must sign this form and our daycare application online here. Once we have received your paperwork and shot records, we can then schedule a reservation. We will carefully review your dog’s ability to interact with other dogs in a safe and appropriate manner by doing one on one introductions. We will group your dog based on activity level, size, and age. The goal is work into a group of 5 or more dogs. We want your dog to have 100% positive experience during their assessment. If your dog is uncomfortable at any point during this process, we will pause the process and try again in the afternoon. All dogs have different levels of experiences and social skills, so some may take longer than others to become comfortable in a group setting; this is normal. This process must be conducted in order to determine if your dog meets the criteria for our doggie daycare program. A full report will be given to the owner at the end of the assessment on our recommendations for your dog. We typically recommend a couple of days of doggie daycare per week for a consecutive month to get them used to our program and also helps us to get to know your dog for individualized care.
PLEASE NOTE: The Application and Veterinary Records/Release MUST be completed and reviewed by The Lodge staff 24 hours minimum PRIOR to your dog’s first visit. Applicants with incomplete paperwork will NOT be considered. If you are from out of town, please call our office for additional information in regards to assessments, daycare and boarding.
3. Hours of operation: 7am-6:00pm Monday- Friday. Saturday hours of operation are 7am – 1pm. Closed Sundays and Holidays.
Drop off/Pick Up Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-6pm Saturday 7am – 1pm Sundays and Holidays 5p-6p
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the designated pick-up hours for Sundays being in the afternoon the boarding charge will be applied for this day. It is the same price whether you pick up on a Sunday or a Monday. Some see this as a 2-day minimum stay for weekends. The same applies to Holidays: If a holiday lands on a Monday the minimum weekend stay is 3-days.
Required & Recommended items to pack for Overnight Boarding
* Your Dog Food & Treats *Medications if your pet takes any Toys (Any toys that could be torn apart or broken into pieces will not be put into the yard or cabin with your dog. Kong’s are preferred, and can/will be filled with peanut butter over rest times)
PLEASE KEEP THIS PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS
The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital Owner Agreement
THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS RELEASE INVOLVES INTERSTATE COMMERCE AND THAT ALL DISPUTES ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE INDIANA UNIFORM ARBITRATION ACT, AS MODIFIED HEREIN.
1. I understand that I am solely responsible for any harm caused by my dog(s)/cat(s) while my dog(s)/cat(s) are attending, daycare, boarding, or grooming at The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital.
2. I further understand and agree that in admitting my dog(s)/cat(s), The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital has relied on my representation that my dog(s)/cat(s) is/are in good health and have not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog.
3. Vaccinations: All dogs must be current on all vaccinations including for: Distemper/Parvo, Rabies, & Bordetella (kennel cough) each year.
All cats must be current on: Rabies vaccine, and the FVCRP (the feline distemper)
Proof of vaccinations will be required every year. Owner recognizes and accepts that while their pet is at The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital it may be stressful to the pet and will not hold The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital responsible for induced illness, injury, behavior change, or weight gain or loss during or after their stay. The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital reserves the right to decline acceptance of a pet if found to have medical condition or exhibits behavior that renders the opinion that our facility is not in the best interests of the pet.
4. I further understand and agree that The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital as well as their staff , will not be liable for any claims, liability or damages arising from my pet’s boarding and care at The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital facility. I hereby release them of any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from my dogs(s)/cat(s) attendance and participation at The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital. All pets boarded or otherwise handled or cared for by The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital without liability on company’s part for loss or damage from disease, theft, fire, death, escape, injury, or harm to persons, other pets, or properly by said pet or other unavoidable causes, due diligence and care having been exercised. The client waives and relinquishes any and all claims against The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital its employees and/or independent contractors, except those arising from gross negligence.
5. Emergency Contact: Client agrees to provide The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital with contact information where he/she can be reached while away. Client will also provide a name and phone number of someone who is authorized to handle any major problems that may arise. If Client or designated contact person cannot be reached in a timely manner, Client agrees that The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital may resolve emergencies at its sole discretion.
6. Emergency Care: I further understand and agree that any problems that develop with my dog(s)/cat(s) will be treated as deemed best by staff of The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital in their sole discretion, and that I assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses involved. The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital may in its sole discretion, may engage the service of a veterinarian of Vale Park Animal Hospital, administer medication, which expenses thereof shall be paid by owner.
7. All dogs must arrive on leash and collar. Collars should neither be too tight nor too loose. Identification on their “daycare” collar is recommended. Collars will be removed during play for safety precaution.
8. Fleas: Owner agrees that their pet is free of fleas. If pet(s) has an infestation, the pet(s) will be treated at the owner’s expense.
9. Cancellation & Holidays: The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital requires a 6:00PM notice of cancellation prior to day of service. Less than requested notice may result in client being billed for 50% of the fee for booked services. Any boarding cancellations prior to major holidays; ie: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Thanksgiving Day with less than a five business day notice will result in 50% of the total invoice for scheduled day care/boarding to be paid. We request your understanding that holiday travel is a peak service time for pet care.
10. Payments: Payment for dog daycare, boarding, and grooming are due upon pick up of pet. Owner shall be liable to The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital for all unpaid charges. All charges are non-refundable. Payment will be collected by a Lodge representative.
11. Temperament/Assessment Test: I understand that if my dog does not participate in the temperament/Assessment test prior to boarding, my dog may not interact with any other dogs during its stay.
12. Abandonment of Pet: Abandoned pets left without contact (phone or email) from owners over 7 days after end date of original scheduled reservation, may go to a rescue group or a shelter that may require euthanasia. The owner will be responsible for costs during abandonment period prior going to rescue or shelter. All fees accrued with rescue group or shelter will be the responsibility of the owner.
13. Grooming: Owner assumes the responsibility to provide clear and complete grooming instructions including haircut. Owner assumes the responsibility to understand and accept the pricing for grooming services requested for the services performed by The Lodge at Vale Park. Owner agrees that their pet is free of fleas. If pet(s) have an infestation, the pet(s) will be treated at the owner’s expense. Excessive matting may require additional fees.
14. Pre-Existing Conditions: The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital will not be responsible for pre-existing medical conditions including but not limited to; heart conditions, skin allergies/inflammation, moles, surgical sites, arthritis, hip dysplasia, ear infections, fatty and non-fatty tumors etc. on any pets for any services. Owner is to advise The Lodge at Vale Park Animal Hospital of any medical conditions in writing.
15. Photography: I allow The Lodge at Vale Park to photograph my pet(s) while in their care. These photos may be used for marketing purposes.
I certify that I have read and understand the rules and regulations set forth above page and that I have read and understand this entire agreement. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations and accept all the terms, conditions and statements of this agreement. All provisions of this contract shall be binding upon both parties thereunto for this visit/service and for all subsequent visits/services.